meet our providers
EMMANUEL GAGE, MD
Double Board-Certified in Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Emmanuel Gage is a nationally recognized leader in a number of interventional pain-relief techniques, including spinal cord stimulation and vertiflex superion, a minimally invasive procedure to alleviate spinal stenosis. Dr. Gage has performed more than 15,000 interventional procedures, including cervical and thoracic interlaminar, sympathetic blocks, and joint injections.
A Magna Cum Laude graduate of John Carroll University in Ohio, Dr. Gage won early acceptance to the University of Toledo Medical School as well as the school’s Gregory A. Nemunaitis Award for Outstanding Medical Student in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
CERTIFICATION AND APPOINTMENTS
- Double Board Certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and in Pain Management
- NANS Spinal Cord Stimulation Scholarship Winner, 2013
- American Pain Society Scholarship Winner, 2013
- Gregory A. Nemunaitis Award for Outstanding Medical Student in PM&R, 2005
- American Pain Society
- American Academy of PM&R
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- American Academy of Physiatrists
- Georgia Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Boston Scientific, Consultant, Neuromodulation Division
- Bachelor of Science in Biology from John Carroll University, Cleveland, OH
- Doctor of Medicine from The University of Toledo Medical School, Toledo, OH
- Transitional Year at St. Vincent’s Mercy Hospital, Toledo, OH
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency, University of Toledo Medical Center
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation ACGME Accredited Residency, University of Toledo Medical Center
Interventional Pain ACGME Accredited Fellowship, University of Toledo
PAIN MANAGEMENT EXPERTISE
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Vertiflex Superion
Sacroiliac Joint Fusion
Minimally Invasive Procedures for Degenerative Disc Disease and Spinal Stenosis
PERSONAL INTERESTS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Dr. Gage is originally from Youngstown, Ohio. Before joining Centurion Spine in Waycross, he practiced in Brunswick, Georgia. During his residency and fellowship, he worked as an urgent care physician. He is a consultant for Boston Scientific in its Neuromodulation Division and for Vertiflex Superion, where he trains other physicians on how to perform procedures. He also served as the team physician for a high school football team in his native Ohio.
Dr. Gage is actively involved with research with Medtronic, Boston Scientific, and Vertiflex. And he is a consultant for Genesys Spine and Vertos Medical.
Dr. Gage participates in the Humane Society of the Golden Isles and sponsors a Little League baseball team in Brunswick, Ga.
He and his wife have two young boys, and a labradoodle. Dr. Gage and his wife enjoy traveling and are self-described “foodies.” In his free time, Dr. Gage’s hobbies are working on his old trucks (‘73 and ‘68 International Scouts), going to the beach, and working out.
Physician Assistant And Nurse Practitioner Team
Your path to pain relief starts with a conversation
Let’s discuss your pain and your treatment options. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.