meet our providers
KASSIA SILVA, MD
Double Board-Certified in Anesthesiology & Interventional Pain Medicine
Originally from Brazil, Dr. Silva grew up in Florida. She received her Medical Degree from San Juan Bautista School of Medicine in Puerto Rico, before completing an anesthesiology residency at the University of Toledo and a fellowship in pain medicine at University Hospitals Cleveland. Dr. Silva speaks Portuguese and Spanish.
CERTIFICATION AND APPOINTMENTS
- Board-eligible in Anesthesiology
- Board-eligible in Interventional Pain Medicine
- Florida Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Spine Intervention Society
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- Florida Medical Association
- Duval County Medical Society
- Volusia County Medical Society
- Pain Medicine Fellowship at University Hospitals/Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH
- Anesthesiology Residency at University of Toledo, Toledo, OH
- Medical Degree from San Juan Bautista School of Medicine, Puerto Rico
- Bachelor’s Degree from Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL
PAIN MANAGEMENT EXPERTISE
I believe that to treat pain effectively, one must address its physical, emotional, and psychological aspects. I focus on finding the physical cause of pain, while making the patient aware of any emotional or psychological aspects for its cause. Pain is personal, but its treatment takes the engagement of both the patient and physician. My goal is to improve functional capabilities through a combination of strategies including medical and interventional treatments, physical therapy, and other modalities such as acupuncture and massages.
PERSONAL INTERESTS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
When she’s not seeing patients, Dr. Silva enjoys cycling, traveling, and going to the beach and gym. She has volunteered in the Dominican Republic providing anesthesia for procedures done for the underserved community, children, and adults.
Your path to pain relief starts with a conversation
Let’s discuss your pain and your treatment options. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.