meet our providers
MONICA CARRION-JONES, MD
Double Board-Certified in Electrodiagnostic Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Jones is originally from Panama, Rep of Panama. Prior to joining Jax Spine and Pain Centers, she practiced in South Georgia and North Carolina. While in North Carolina she served as an Assistant Professor at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. During this time, she was the Director of the Electrodiagnostic Medicine Lab as well as faculty for the residency program. Dr. Jones has conducted extensive research, publishing peer reviewed articles that range from neurotoxicology to dysfunction in the nervous system following spinal cord injuries. She has also participated as a National and International Speaker in Beijing, China and Panama.
Dr. Jones sees patients in our Brunswick office.
CERTIFICATION AND APPOINTMENTS
- Board Certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Board Certified in Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- AANEM Research Committee and Program Committee Meeting
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine (AANEM)
- America Association of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. (AAPMR)>
- American Academy of Physiatrist (AAP)
- Best Doctors of America (2010- 2011, 2011-2012, 2015-2016)
- Teacher of the Year award at Brody School of Medicine Greenville, NC (2006, 2007, 2008)
- Frank J. Flit Award at Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA (Best Resident of the year) 2004
- Best Intern of the year in Panama, Rep of Panama 1996
- Doctor of Medicine from University of Panama
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency, University of Pittsburgh
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine Fellowship, Medical College of Wisconsin
PAIN MANAGEMENT EXPERTISE
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS)
PERSONAL INTERESTS AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Dr. Jones and her husband have a teenage son that keeps them young. In her free time, she enjoys art and music appreciation, painting, going to the beach, and traveling. She is also involved in community service and served as a Board Member of the Wayne County Exchange Club in Jesup, GA as well as a Board of Trustees of United Way in Greenville, NC.
Your path to pain relief starts with a conversation
Let’s discuss your pain and your treatment options. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.